Detailed Terms and Conditions and Legal Disclaimers
Terms and Conditions
- Sole Discretion: CEDA can terminate a user account or refuse service; edit or remove content, document, information or link to another website from CEDA’s website at their sole discretion.
- Indemnification: In case violation of this agreement or site usage occurs, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, attorneys, staff and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, damages, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
- Non-Transferable: You are required to register for accessing some parts of the website. You cannot transfer your right to use the website. Username and password generated by you are strictly for your non-commercial personal-use only and are non-transferable.
- Disclaimer: CEDA and our affiliated parties are not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, in particular but not as a limitation thereof. All site information and services (such as names, images, buttons, logos, icons or anything related to CEDA) are not representations or endorsements in any manner (including third-party links) and are without any expressed or implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties. Provision of information and services by CEDA is not without these limitations. The fundamental element of the bargain between you and us is the negation of damages set forth above. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us through the site shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in this agreement.
- Data Disclaimer: All the data on the data portal are summary statistics from publicly available secondary data sets, including official data. Although the data and visualizations found in our website has been processed from sources believed to be reliable, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made regarding accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information arising out of your usage of our information or services.
- Links to Other Websites: The Site contains links to other Websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such Websites, and such Websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site.
- Submission: CEDA would be inviting submissions to this site regularly. When you submit your work to publish on our site, you grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable and sublicensable right to your submission. Following are the terms and conditions of acceptance of any submission:
- Warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to CEDA for all the purposes specified above.
- Indemnify CEDA against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- Agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on CEDA site and the other purposes specified above.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere on this site relating to specific material, then the latter shall prevail.
- All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of CEDA or its content suppliers and protected by Copyright Act 1957. You may not use any of CEDA’s logos or other proprietary graphics or trademarks as part of the link without express written permission.
- Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of CEDA. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- Use of Services: You shall not use any automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like to download data from the Product. You shall not bypass any measures placed by CEDA to restrict or prevent access to the Product.
- Information Collection and Use: We may receive or collect personally identifiable information upon your registration on our site or when you use our services and visit our pages. We may also receive personally identifiable information from third parties.
CEDA collects information such as, but not limited to, the IP address of the computer, browser software, operating system, date and time of access, pages visited, data requested. We collect such information to improve the user experience, measure visitor traffic, correct system errors, customize the content you see and fulfill certain requests. However, we will not identify you based on any information that is not provided with the explicit intent of registration. We will not communicate with you based on this information.
Once you register on our site and sign-in, you become identifiable to us. While registering, we ask for your name, email address, occupation, and affiliation. We will only use this information to improve the user experience and provide you access to content you are interested in.
- Third-party services: We use Google Analytics to track website traffic. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our websites. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
- We also encourage you to review Google’s policy for safeguarding your data.
We use Mailchimp to manage our newsletters. For more information on the privacy practices of Mailchimp, please visit here, and more specifically the “Privacy for Contacts” section.
Information Sharing and Disclosure: CEDA will never sell or rent your information to third parties. We will only send personally identifiable information when we have your consent, we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or your actions violate the Terms & Conditions on our site.
- Mailing List Policies: CEDA publishes e-newsletter on a regular basis. You can subscribe to the newsletter by registering on our site with your name and email address in the newsletter section in the footer. Any information provided for the purpose of newsletters will be exclusively used for sending newsletters through CEDA. Similarly, if you wish to contact us, we may need to collect your personal information to respond to your query. This information will not be shared with anyone outside the organization or will not be used to contact you in any other way.